Monday, June 9, 2008

"Ode to Edo" sneak preview!

I can finally say I'm ALMOST finished... aside from a few finishing touches my submission to the "Ode to Edo" Samurai show is complete! When I was invited to take part is this gallery show I was deeply honoured and BEYOND intimidated. I decided I needed to pull out the big guns if I was going to live up to such a task. I can confidently say that I used just about every trick and technique at my disposal and really pushed the limits of my abilities.

Below is a horribly lit, grainy photo of the work I'm doing for the show. Along the floor are some of the drawings I did for the bargain wall; art jam-style drawings that will be for sale at a very low price (art can be affordable sometimes). =)


PS. It's wonderful that the glare in this photo fell right across the dragon's head.